Air conditioning is essential for those living in New England. A broken A/C unit can make a house unbearably hot during the summer months. Don’t let your family sweat it out — let Peabody Huggins Mechanical Services restore your comfort instantly.
When a licensed and certified HVAC specialist comes to your home, they’ll inspect the HVAC system and the thermostat. Along with an overall inspection that evaluates the main components of the machine, your service tech will also make sure that the interior is clean, the coolant level is normal, the coils and wires aren’t damaged, and that the condenser fan and filters aren’t blocked. In some cases, your tech can immediately identify the problem, while in other instances, a few tests may be conducted. After the problem is discovered, your Peabody Huggins technician will describe the issue and inform you of all the solutions available.
You can tell that you’re A/C unit is in need of repair if you detect any of the following:
- You’ll know immediately when your A/C unit has stopped working. If you can’t turn it back on with your
thermostat, it’s time to call a repair specialist.
2. Your Home Isn’t as Comfortable as It Once Was
- Over time, your HVAC unit may experience decreased performance. If you’ve noticed that your A/C isn’t as
effective as it was last year, the unit may be failing.
3. Warm Air Is Blowing Through Your Vents
- If you ever feel warm or hot air blowing through your vents while the A/C is running, you’ll need a specialist to
perform a service check.
4. Unusual Noises, Smells or Water Accumulation Are Present
- If, at any time, your unit is emitting strange odors or noises, shut the machine off and call Instant Air for help. You
should also call for assistance if you discover any water accumulation, or even ice build-up, on or around the
5. Your Energy Bills Have Skyrocketed
- Are your energy bills significantly higher this summer than they were last summer? A malfunctioning A/C unit
may be the culprit. If you notice this, it’s time to call the pros.
Although no HVAC unit will run optimally forever, routine inspections and maintenance can ensure that your air conditioning system performs as efficiently as possible for as long as possible. Peabody Huggins also offers service maintenance plans. We’ll visit your home once in the fall and once in the spring to ensure that all elements of your HVAC system are operating at peak performance levels. We will also educate you on the problems that your unit may be experiencing and give you honest advice regarding repairs or replacement.
We love to hear from our customers!